Get to Know Adam Mercer
- If you could go back in time, what time period would you travel to?
I would love to skip around time from after Noah’s Flood forward to see how the greatest building mysteries were erected and what they used them for. But if I have to choose one time, it would be at the completion of the pyramids to see how they actually did it and what they were used for – I don’t believe they were a tomb.
- How do you recharge / what is your favorite hobby?
I love to draw – mainly graphite (pencil) and pen & ink.
- When are you the happiest?
- Fill in the blank: If you really knew me, you’d know__________.
I grew very old school – raised by a cowboy that didn’t have power until he was nearly 13. My life was very blue-collar, I grew up in heavy equipment ( I was operating a dozer by myself at 10 years old), big trucks, and sawmilling. We did our own welding, our mechanic work, and our millwright work. Laziness and whining was unaccepted and held severe consequences. I love art and I love my space and quiet time to think and figure things out.
- What would you most regret NOT having done at the end of your life?
Traveling to various places around the world with my wife.
- What characteristic do you most admire in others?
Intelligence/ Independence/ Attention to detail
- Do you prefer Windows or Mac? Why?
Windows – It’s the devil I know.
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Smoked Boston Butt with corn and Mashed Potatoes.
- What would you sing at Karaoke night?
- If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
- What was your first car?
1977 F100 Ford Pickup – no air condition, no power steering – I loved that truck
- Do you have pets? If so, tell us about them!
"Mosely” – old English Bulldawg <- missed spelled on purpose – He is full of character, “Gracie” – German Shepard – Clumsy sweetie Pie – loves to play fetch. “Tom-Tom” Three-legged cat – he is a killing machine.
- Star-Trek or Star Wars? Why?
Star Wars - It’s a good story line - entertaining
- Are you married? Kids? Tell us about them!
Married 24 years this October 5th to my beautiful wife and best friend Jennifer. We have been together for 30 years!We have 4 sons. Sam – 20 years old (former Fannin Home Coming King of 2018) He is a top Cadet at UNG and serves in the National Guard Aviation Unit as a Chinook Helicopter Mechanic on a path to be a helicopter pilot. Thomas Mercer – 18 years old – a hard worker, awesome athlete, 3.98 GPA. Currently ranked #58 in the Nation as a 400-meter hurdler in track and field for his division. Top-ranked in the state for track in field. He is very Type-A personality. He sells firewood, and various landscaping work for extra money. His goal is to become an engineer. James Mercer – 18 years old. Top academic student. Very smart, very laid back. Plays football for Fannin County. Loves to draw and wants to be a LEED Certified Architect. He works with his brother doing odd jobs for money when he is not on the football field. Jackson – 15 years old. Loves to play piano and wrestles for Fannin County High. He is the joker of the family and on this year’s Home Coming Court. He is always smiling and doesn’t have a serious bone in his body – the next Jim Carry.
- Where did you grow up?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
Riding my bike to and from school in the 1st grade. There was a time when students walked or road their bike to school.
- What motivates you to work hard?
I don’t want to let my family down, my team down, I want to be the best at my craft. I want to be proud of something. I don’t want to just barely get by and be average – you have to work hard for you want – mediocrity is not me.
- What departments have you worked in at PBI?
- What would you be doing if you weren’t at your current job?
- What's your biggest pet peeve at work?
Having my train of thought broken. I’m distracted easily.
- How long have you been at PBI?
3 1/2 years
- What is your favorite PBI memory?
I have a lot of good memories of Panel Built, I think my favorite is looking back down a road of memories from when I started in a small metal barn (PBI 4), to 515, to PBR and now 129. Wow! Trey, Randy & I have covered a lot of ground in a short period of time from Engineering projects to team growth.
- What is the best part of working at PBI?
I get to do what I love, what I do best. I get to design, engineer, and draw. I get to be in an environment where Christianity is promoted rather than hidden. I get to work with some brilliant and very talented people from fabrication, to install, to project management, corporate leadership, engineering - the list goes on. I get to be in an environment of growth and cooperation instead of competition and defense – the sense here is that everybody here wants Panel Built to be the best, because if Panel is the best, then that makes us the best – I love that.
A Sample of Adam's Drawings
Call For Modular Building Solutions 800.636.3873