Get to Know Sam Gaston
- If you could go back in time, what time period would you travel to? If I could go back in time, I would definitely go to the 80s – great music and Ronald Reagan.
- How do you recharge / what is your favorite hobby?
My favorite hobby is sitting on the front porch, reading a good book, and enjoying a hot cup of pour-over coffee on a cool mountain morning.
- When are you the happiest?
I am happiest on the porch, on a trail, or on the lake when the sun is shining!
- Fill in the blank: If you really knew me, you’d know
That I love Crane Creek Vineyards in Young Harris, GA.
- What would you most regret NOT having done at the end of your life?
I hope to visit all 50 states in the U.S. and would absolutely regret if that doesn’t happen.
- What characteristic do you most admire in others?
Loyalty is at the top of my list.
- Do you prefer Windows or Mac? Why?
I’m a Mac guy because they’re so easy to use and always work well, but I do agree with those that say they are way too expensive.
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Chick-fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich Meal with waffle fries and a lemonade. I’ll need one buffalo, one ranch, and one Chick-fil-A sauce with that too.
- What would you sing at Karaoke night?
Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus
- If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
If I could do anything for a day, I would relax in a rocking chair by the lake in the mountains with my girlfriend, a good book, a cold drink, and Willie Nelson spinning on vinyl.
- What was your first car?
My first car was a 1993 Dodge Dakota. It was a great (and free) truck, but 16-year-old me managed to ruin the transmission and brakes in the span of one day.
- Do you have pets? If so, tell us about them!
I don’t own any myself, but I’m a vicarious pet owner through my parents (2 dogs, 2 cats) and girlfriend (1 dog). It’s a sweet deal… no cost on my end and I get to enjoy their company!
- Star-Trek or Star Wars? Why?
Star Wars! I’ve actually never watched any Star Trek.
- Are you married? Kids? Tell us about them!
I’m not married and I don’t have kids, but I have a lovely and hard-working girlfriend named Mackenzie. She’s from Macon, GA, and loves dogs, painting, gardening, and cold beer. She’s a keeper!
- Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Lilburn, GA.
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
My favorite childhood memories usually involve visiting Asheville, NC with my family. I also really enjoyed Stone Mountain Park and still do. My family loves this restaurant called Los Hermanos in Tucker, GA – lots of good memories there too.
- What motivates you to work hard?
The possibility of having true financial peace keeps me motivated to work hard. I want to secure a solid foundation for myself and my future family. I also dream of lots of travel in retirement!
- What departments have you worked in at PBI?
Sales is my first department at PBI!
- What would you be doing if you weren’t at your current job?
If I wasn’t here, I would be trying to find another job.
- What is your biggest pet peeve at work?
My biggest pet peeve at work is messing up! Being new, you can make rookie mistakes and I don’t like it one bit.
- How long have you been at PBI?
I’ve been at PBI since February 2020.
- What is the best part of working at PBI?
My favorite PBI memories so far are my first sale, touring our other facilities, building a guard booth, and golfing at Butternut!
Call For Modular Building Solutions 800.636.3873