What advantages does modular hold over conventional construction methods?
- Complete detailing package: including specifications and all components necessary to place order at no charge.
- Quality inspected and approved materials. Volume purchasing power for lower cost.
- Prefabricated to minimize an interruption of production. (Less Time–Less Mess—Less Noise)
- Easily expandable system manufactured to match in appearance and to accept additions.
- Relocatable by fork-lift or crane— Disassemble and reassemble–Never lose capital investment.
- Longer lifetime of material such as steel, aluminum, etc., for more exact fits and tolerances.
- 7 year tax depreciation.
- Single source.
- Interchangeable panels, doors, windows and other parts.
- Fast, easy and cost effective installation.
- Requires architectural time and expenditure.
- Requires engineering time and expenditure.
- Bid packages or a professional spec writer is time consuming and costly—A poorly communicated project could be a disaster.
- Building materials and quality vary day to day. Increased costs due to numerous trips or additional orders for building supplies.
- Interrupted operations and increased construction time, not to mention wet paint, sheet rock dust, debris, and noisy tools.
- Difficult to match existing construction after time. Added levels could require more reinforcement in structure.
- Requires demolition resulting in debris removal and higher reconstruction costs. Longer construction time.
- Construction materials have a distinctively shorter lifetime than materials used in modular construction.
- 33 year tax depreciation.
- A reliable contractor or multiple trades must be located and coordinated for each project.
- Contractors rarely use the same materials project to project.
- Environmental delays, plant down-time, union labor etc. can add costs to the project.
Call For Modular Building Solutions 800.636.3873