We're Happy to Help With Any Questions You May Have!
Forced Entry Rated Buildings | Force Entry Ballistic Rated (FE/BR) Buildings
Ready to find out more?
What Does Forced Entry Ballistic Rated Mean?
Forced Entry/Ballistic Rated (FE/BR) is a security concept standardized by the U.S. DOS, ASTM (F3038-14), and others to create distinct levels of Forced Entry Protection for structural systems.
The Forced Entry portion is generally divided into 5-minute, 15-minute, 30-minute, and 60-minute levels. Depending on the level, the structure is tested by two or six-man teams. These teams will try to gain entry to (or bypass) the structure using a variety of weapons and tools, including sledgehammers, crowbars, hammers, screwdrivers, chisels, and possibly a propane torch.
The Ballistic Rated portion establishes military rifles as the required level of ballistic protection according to DOS policy. Further, shotgun rounds are used to test potentially vulnerable areas or passages such as a transaction window or built-in deal trays.
Concurrent testing is used to evaluate the structure based on both threat types. Structures are "tested to failure," and testing is typically completed whenever the test shape (12"x12"x8" box) can be passed through an opening or breach in the structure. The structure will be rated based on the highest threshold it surpasses.
Panel Built Force Entry & Ballistic Rated Buildings
Panel Built Forced Entry Rated Buildings are fully fabricated in our specialized modular construction facilities. The FE/BR walls incorporate a heavy-duty ballistic steel plate (Varies Depending on Ballistic Requirements as well as fire-rated insulation (Poly-Iso & rockwool options available). The windows are formed from specialized UL ballistic and FE-rated glass-clad polycarbonate with a 60-minute attack film (optional tinting). The building can incorporate the highest level FE/BR doors rated for mob-level attacks and military rifle rounds.
Panel Built, Inc. is a trusted government building supplier, long-serving military customers since our founding in 1995. Panel Built FE/BR Buildings are a natural extension to our UL-752 Ballistic Rated Buildings.
Forced Entry Building Features
- Panel Built Offers a Fully-Prefabricated, Heavy-Duty Modular Design
- Delivered Pre-Wired & Pre-Assembled For Fast Installation at the Job Site for Minimal Downtime
- Built-In Forklift Slots or Roof-Mounted Crane Lugs For Convenient Transportation
- Available in a Variety of Custom Colors, Designs, & Finishes To Match Existing Architecture
Forced Entry Building Options
- Roof System: Single Slope, Gabled, & Standing-Seam, Hip-Roof Designs
- Flooring Options: VCT, Diamond Plate, Rubber Tiles, Carpet, and More
- Fully ADA Compliant Configurations
- Restroom Option Includes Private Sink, Toilet, & Exhaust Fan
- Security Integration (Cameras, Exterior Lighting, Key Fobs Receivers, Number Pads, etc.)
Forced Entry Building Applications
- Government Buildings
- United States Embassies
- Correctional Facilities
- Military Installations
- Sports & Entertainment Venues
- Corporate Headquarters
- Malls & Shopping Centers
- Transportation Hubs