Mezzanine Design Specifications
- 2.1.1 The structural steel design shall meet or exceed the requirements of the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), Manual of Steel Construction-Allowable Stress Design.
- 2.1.2 Bar joist design shall meet or exceed the requirements of the Steel Joist Institute (SJI) “Standard Specification for Open Web Steel Joists, K-Series.
- 2.1.3 OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) regulations shall be met or exceeded in the design.
- 2.1.4 Any other codes specified by the customer, such as Building Official’s Code of America (BOCA), Uniform Building Code (UBC), or International Building Code (IBC), shall be met by the manufacturer.
2.2 Loads and Deflections:
- 2.2.1 Design shall meet the customers requirement for live load.
- 2.2.2 Structure shall be designed to withstand horizontal forces as required for the seismic zone at the site of installation.
- 2.2.3 Stairs and landings shall be designed for a live load of 100 psf.
- 2.2.4 Deflection of all components under full live load shall not exceed 1/240 of span.
- 2.2.5 Special requirements for concentrated loads shall be met by the manufacturer as specified by the customer.
Call For Modular Building Solutions 800.636.3873